Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Little Puffs of Happiness

I've been feeling a bit like a nomad these days, splitting time between my temporary apartment in a new city, my husband's house, and my parents' house. What gives me a bit of comfort at the end of the day, often alone? The box of knitting projects and yarn I brought that sits next to the couch.

It's been an interesting month so far; new city, new hospital, new attendings. One of the perks? An awesome LYS! I've been itching to knit a pair of the Angora Baby Booties from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The yarn is a delicious angora from Fleece Artist.

 
 Yarn: Peter Rabbit by Fleece Artist
 Just looking at these little guys makes me happy. Working in a city with one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in Canada, that's a nice thing to have at the end of the day.

I picked my father-in-law's name for my husband's family gift exchange. He's a sweet, quiet, salt of the earth man who loves to spend time working their land and working in the wood shop. I decided to make him a hat, and therefore had my first foray into colorwork. The pattern is Machu Picchu Earflap Hat by Nichole Reese.

Machu Picchu Earflap Hat

Location: Irving Nature Park, NB

The yarn is Berocco Peruvia Quick, which was easy to work with and rugged enough. I've got a few more things on the needles, and hopefully more FO's soon!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Two beautiful FOs! i love those little booties, and the hat is terrific. Well done.

Aunt Marie said...

Aa-a-www. Those little booties make me smile too! Perhaps you should frame a pair in a shadow box and hang them on the wall...right at eye level:)

Sandy said...

so glad to see you are back to your blog. I missed it. Can't believe we were in the same city for so long and spent next to zero time together. your residency and my flu clinic season trashed it! next rotation that you are here (when is it by the way? ) I want to spend time with you and see some of your knitting/quilting projects first hand