Sunday, February 18, 2007

On the Rock

Streets of St. John's, Newfoundland
Has it really been almost a year? Alas, the Nerd is no longer in Northampton. Simply put, I had reservations about keeping this blog, as it was so specific to what I was doing last year. However, maybe it will encourage me to venture out and capture a bit more of Newfoundland during my final two months here. Life also hasn't been all that exciting lately, just a whirlwind of school, med school applications, interviews, and thesis writing... all of which makes for dull stories. But, I think I will bring back the blog, if not just to try and reflect on interesting things going on around me.
I miss Smith dearly, think about it every day and can't wait to go back for a visit. It has certainly been a challenge to readjust to the environment at MUN, as they are at entirely different ends of the spectrum. However, the year has flown by and there are only two months left until I'm done my degree. Scary, considering I remember the first day of first year, wandering alone around campus excited and scared senseless about being in a new place!

No comments: